collaboration expectations independence pride close location envelope facebook phone search teaching translate twitter watermark morepark our-lady st-anselms st-augustines st-edmunds st-eds gregory st-josephs visions trust-members whissendine exton-and-greentham glapthorn cottesmore-academy empingham great-casterton ketton langham st-nicholas uppingham polebrook
Search Close
Google Search
Translate Close
School Logo

Cottesmore Academy

Moving Overseas - Service Children's Education

Are you due to move overseas? 


If you are due to be posted overseas it is important that you understand the need for educational clearance.  

What is the process? A useful flow diagram of the Educational Clearance process for SCE

Children's Educational Advisory Service

If you are moving overseas you may need to register your child with CEAS.  

CEAS is the Children's Education Advisory Service and their mission statement is: 


'To support operational effectiveness in the armed forces by enabling Service (and eligible MOD civilian) families to secure appropriate educational provision for their children in the UK and overseas.'


If your child has special or additional needs then, in line with JSP 820, you must register with the Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) and notify them of any proposed overseas assignment.  


You should register with CEAS if any of the following apply to your child:
Does your child have any medical conditions? e.g.
hearing difficulties
visual difficulties
speech and language difficulties
Has your child seen any of the following people?
Speech and language therapist

Inclusion Support Teacher 

Educational Psychologist
Occupational therapist
Clinical Psychologist
Child and adolescent mental health worker (CAMHs)
Social worker
Educational welfare officer


To find out more visit:

Contact Details and Useful Links