“Children get off to a flying start
at Cottesmore Academy!”
“This school is EPIC!”
“There is an inclusive environment at Cottesmore Academy where are all welcome and cared for.”
- Pupils are proud of their school. They embrace the school’s ‘EPIC’ values of expectations, pride, independence and collaboration.
- Pupils say the school is, indeed, ‘epic’.
- Children have a real sense of awe and wonder during story time.
- Leaders and staff have high expectations of pupils’ learning and behaviour.
- Teachers are skilled… they are a strength of the school.
- Leaders are highly ambitious for pupils. They have built a well-sequenced and structured curriculum. The curriculum requires pupils to investigate and think carefully about their learning.
- Pupils are enthusiastic about their lessons and are keen to succeed.
- One parent, typical of many, commented that ‘Teachers and staff go above and beyond expectations.’
- Leaders make sure that reading is at the heart of the curriculum. They are determined that all pupils read well.
- The mathematics curriculum is well-planned and sequenced.
- Staff know pupils well. They quickly identify where additional help is needed.
- Children get off to a flying start in the Reception class. Staff make sure that children are happy and safe. Children are kind and helpful to each other.
- Pupils’ personal development is a strength of the school. Leaders plan a range of activities that helps pupils become resilient and reflective.
- Opportunities to promote pupils’ emotional and physical well-being are well considered.
- There is a strong staff team. Staff are proud to work at the school. They appreciate leaders’ support for their workload and well-being.
- Governors make frequent visits to the school. They support and challenge leaders in equal measure.
- Leaders have developed a strong culture of safeguarding. Staff receive frequent training and updates.