Think, believe, dream, dare… We are all heroes of our own adventures!
We aim for our learners to develop their self-belief through their ability to think deeply and critically question.Together we dream big and dare to go above and beyond what we think is possible.
The Key Principles of our curriculum at Cottesmore Academy:
Core knowledge and understanding
- Clarity of purpose - what are we learning, how are we learning it and why?
- Transferable knowledge and understanding - where explicit links are connections are made
- Subject, cultural and general knowledge
Skills and competences
- Application of basic essential skills
- The 6Rs - readiness for learning, respect, resilient, responsibility, responsibility, resourceful and being reflective.
Attitudes, attributes and dispositions
- Balance - promoting intellectual, moral, spiritual, aesthetic and physical development equally