Think, believe, dream, dare… We are all heroes of our own adventures!
We aim for our learners to develop all children into confident, optimistic and capable learners – ready and willing to actively pursue, troubleshoot and evaluate learning for themselves, in and out of school.
The Key Principles of our curriculum at Cottesmore Academy:
Core knowledge and understanding
- Clarity of purpose - what are we learning, how are we learning it and why?
- Transferable knowledge and understanding - where explicit links are connections are made
- Subject, cultural and general knowledge
Skills and competences
- Application of basic essential skills
- The 6Rs - readiness for learning, respect, resilient, responsibility, responsibility, resourceful and being reflective.
Attitudes, attributes and dispositions
- Balance - promoting intellectual, moral, spiritual, aesthetic and physical development equally
Big Picture of our Curriculum
Accessibility and Inclusion at Cottesmore Academy
At Cottesmore Academy, we strive to create a positive and supportive environment which allows children to develop to their fullest potential. This nurturing inclusivity combined with the structure of the graduated approach, allows our teachers to have a robust and comprehensive understanding of each child’s individual learning needs.
All of our staff are equipped with the necessary tools to support and cater for the varied needs within our class. Supported by a qualified SENDCo, teachers are able to adapt teaching and learning strategies to suit the vast majority of learners needs, allowing all children to make good progress across all areas of their learning. In cases where the children’s needs are complex, the SENDCo and teachers will work in partnership with external agencies to implement a tiered approach of support.