Helping your child settle quickly
1. Get your child into school as soon as possible.
2. Re-establish family routines as quickly as you can.
3. Explore your new environments together.
4. Encourage your children to join clubs/youth activities.
5. Pace yourselves.
6. Create time to talk and share feelings.
7. Remember – settling takes longer than you think (a minimum of six months)
8. Let the school know of significant events e.g. deployments.
9. Be aware of the indicators of stress/anxiety.
10. Seek advice if you think your child is not settling.