Try one of these 10 reading challenges! Use a book that you are enjoying reading at the moment.
1. Draw a picture of your favourite part of the story and describe what you have drawn.
2. Draw a picture of your favourite character from the story. Write a description of who they are and what you have learnt about them from your reading.
3. Design a poster for the book you have read to persuade other people to read the story.
4. Write a conversation between you and the main character in the book. What would you say to each other?
5. Write a letter to the author of the book. Explain to them what you did and didn’t like about their book.
6. Design a new front cover for the book you have read. Don’t forget the title and author!
7. Write an alternative ending for the story you have read.
8. Draw a cartoon strip of the main events in the story you have read.
9. Pretend you are one of the characters in the book and write a diary entry for one day in the story.
10. Draw your favourite character from the story you have read. Copy down three things the writer says about this person.